1. This yellow sign means:
a. Right turn permitted on green arrow only.
b. Right turn only lane.
c. There is a sharp turn to the right.
2. If you are convicted of driving with an excessive blood alcohol concentration (BAC), you may be sentenced to serve:
a. Up to twelve months in jail.
b. No jail time but you must pay a fine of $500.
c. Up to six months in jail.
3. When may you legally go around or under a rail road crossing gate:
a. Under no circumstances.
b. When you can see clearly in both directions.
c. When the warning lights are not flashing.
4. When you see this yellow sign, you should:
a. Be prepared to stop if children are in the crosswalk.
b. Always stop at the crosswalk.
c. Stop at the crosswalk until a crossing guards signals you to go
5. When can you drive in a bike lane?
a. 30 minute after sunset or 30-minutes before sunrise.
b. Under no circumstances.
c. On foggy days when visibility is low.
6. This white sign means you:
a. May turn left only on a green arrow.
b. May turn left on a green light when it is safe.
c. Must wait for the solid green light before you turn left.
7. When should you yield your legal right-of-way:
a. When it helps prevent collisions.
b. Never it confuses other drivers.
c. Often, even at controlled intersections.
8. Which of these statements is true about large trucks:
a. They are more maneuverable than passenger vehicles.
b. They take longer to stop than passenger vehicles.
c. They all have air brakes which allow them to stop quickly.
9. What should you do at an intersection with a flashing yellow signal light:
a. Stop before crossing the intersection.
b. Slow down an cross carefully.
c. Maintain your speed but watch for other vehicles.
10. Turn on your windshield wipers and use your headlights on rainy, snowy or foggy days:
a. On the high beam setting.
b. Only when driving on the freeway.
c. So other drivers can see you.
11. All of the following are dangerous while driving. Which is also illegal:
a. Using cruise control on residential streets.
b. Wearing a headset that covers both ears.
c. Having one more interior lights on.
12. There are two traffic lanes in your direction. You are driving in the left lane and many vehicles are passing you on the right. If the driver behind you wishes to drive faster, you should:
a. Stay in your lane so you don't impede the traffic flow.
b. Move over into the right lane when it is safe.
c. Drive onto the left shoulder to let the other vehicles pass.
13. You must file a report of traffic accident occurring in California with the DMV when:
a. You are involved in a collision and there is an injury.
b. Your vehicle fails a smog test.
c. You change your insurance company.
14. U-turns in business districts are:
a. Legal only at intersections, unless a sign prohibits them.
b. Legal whenever oncoming vehicles are not a hazard.
c. Always illegal because they are dangerous.
15. An orange-colored sign like this means:
a. There is a detour ahead.
b. There is road work ahead.
c. You must change lanes ahead.
16. It is against the law to enter an intersection when:
a. The light is flashing yellow and you didn't stop first.
b. The light is yellow and you can stop safely.
c. You can't get all the way across before the light turns red.
17. Which way do you turn your front wheels to park downhill next to a curb:
a. Parallel to the curb.
b. Into the curb.
c. Away from the curb.
18. Which of these statements is true about changing lanes:
a. Vehicles with two outside mirrors do not have blind spots.
b. Look over your right shoulder for a right lane change and your left shoulder for a left lane change.
c. You only need to turn and look over your right shoulder for lane changes to the right or left.
19. Check your rear view mirrors:
a. Only when you are slowing down.
b. To see if a vehicle is in your blind spot.
c. Often to see how traffic is moving behind you.
20. The two-way road you are driving on has a lane marked as shown in the picture. This lane is used:
a. To pass vehicles that are moving slowly.
b. To begin or end left turns or start a permitted U-Turn.
c. As a regular driving lane during periods of heavy traffic.
21. While driving, you should look 10 to 15-seconds ahead of you:
a. And focus on the middle of the road.
b. Because it is a legal requirement.
c. To see potential hazards early.
22. If your vehicle starts to lose traction because of water on the road (hydroplaning) you should:
a. Apply the brakes firmly to prevent your vehicle from sliding.
b. Slow down gradually and not apply the brakes.
c. Drive at a constant speed to gain better traction.
23. At an uncontrolled intersection where you can't see cross traffic until you are just about to enter the intersection, the speed limit is:
24. This white sign means you:
a. Slower traffic must exit on the right.
b. You should slow down and move to the right lane.
c. Stay in the right lane if you are driving slower than other traffic.
25. A person may legally ride in the back of a pickup truck when:
a. In secured seats and using approved safety belts.
b. The back of the pickup is covered with a camper shell.
c. The sides of the pickup bed are at least 24 inches high.
26. It is night. A vehicle coming towards you has its high beams on which make it hard to see the road ahead, you should:
a. Look ahead towards the left edge of your lane.
b. Look straight ahead in your lane.
c. Look ahead towards the right edge of your lane.
27. You should increase the distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead when you:
a. Follow a small passenger vehicle.
b. Drive slower than the posted speed limit.
c. Are being tailgated by another driver.
28. If there is a deep puddle in the road ahead, you should:
a. Shift into neutral as you drive through the water.
b. Maintain the posted speed to make it through the water.
c. Avoid the puddle if possible.
29. The speed limit in any alley is:
30. This white sign means:
a. Look, listen and prepare to stop at the crossing if necessary.
b. Railroad crossing is controlled. Continue at your regular speed.
c. Stop at the railroad tracks and wait for a signal before crossing.
31. You are crossing an intersection and an emergency vehicle is approaching with a siren and flashing lights. You should:
a. Continue through the intersection, pull to the right and stop.
b. Pull to the right in the intersection and stop.
c. Stop immediately in the intersection until it passes.
32. To left from a one-way street onto a one-way street, start from:
a. Any lane as long as it seems safe to do so.
b. The center lane.
c. The lane closest to the left curb.
33. Your wheels should be pointed straight ahead, unless you are:
a. Parked on a hill or sloping driveway.
b. Parked on the side of a level roadway and there is no curb.
c. Waiting to make a left turn at a traffic light.
34. Safely backing your vehicle includes all of the following except:
a. Looking over your right shoulder as you back up.
b. Checking your vehicle before you get in.
c. Tapping your horn before you back up.
35. This red and white sign means you should:
a. Keep a steady speed and check traffic both ways.
b. Stop and check traffic both ways before proceeding.
c. Give the right-of-way to traffic on the road you wish to enter or cross.
36. Which of these statements is true about driving and taking medications.
a. Medications are safe to take at any time if prescribed by a doctor.
b. Most cold medications can make a person drowsy.
c. Over the counter medications cannot impair driving ability if taken in the recommended dosages.
Note: All the test have duplication questions sometimes with different wording. Some tests more than other, because the DMV want to make sure you understand these area of the commercial driving exams.
Note: The DIY Class-A Drivers License Tests assumes no liability for omissions, errors or the outcome of any driving tests. The reader must always exercise reasonable caution, and follow current driving regulations that may apply for each test. All rights reserved. © Copyright 2011-